Join the most powerful
Optometry platform in the world
Welcome to KMK Optometry™ 360. You are the first to join the largest and most powerful Optometry platform in the world! We can't wait for you to get started. #Dominate
Let's Get Started
Effective Date: January 31, 2021
What Personal Data does KMK Careers Collect?
We collect Personal Data about you from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Service.
Third parties, both when they provide us with Personal Data about you and when we seek out information for Profiles, as discussed below (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Service, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- Other networks connected to the Service. If you provide any third-party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Service through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us.
- Advertising partners. We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements, or communications.
KMK Careers also creates profiles of people and companies, which we call “Profiles,” from different sources. Profiles are then made available to users of the Service, and our customers and strategic partners.
When we create or enhance Profiles about individuals and companies, we may collect this information from multiple sources, including:
- Publicly-available web sources that we scan using technology or manual methods.
- User contributions about themselves or other people and companies.
- Research conducted internally by KMK Careers.
- Other companies and data partners that license information to us.
What Categories of Personal Data We Collect
|Category of Personal Data||Examples||What is the source of this Personal Data?|
|A.||Personal identifiers||Name, email, IP, username, social media profile IDs/links, personal website, phone number||You, Third Parties|
|B.||Customer records identified by state law (including the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)))||Name, address, credit card type, last 4 digits of credit card||You|
|C.||Internet or other similar network activity information||Website & application usage||You, Third Parties|
|D.||Geolocation data||Location data (city, country, state, zip code), location preference(s) & tie(s)||You, Third Parties|
|E.||Professional or employment-related information||Employment history (including current & past companies, current & past job titles), practice specialty(ies), biography description||You, Third Parties|
|F.||Personal Data a user chooses to enter into a free text field within the Service||Any information that either directly or indirectly identifies, relates to, or describes a particular consumer or household and/or is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked to a particular consumer or household (e.g., phone number).||You, Third Parties|
The following sections provide additional information about how we collect your Personal Data.
Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect Personal Data such as your name, email address, and phone number. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Service. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Service. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Service. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Service, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Service. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you.
- Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Service such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Service, what pages visitors view on our Service and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Service. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Service’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, and this may cause some services and functionalities to not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Service. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Service, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Service.
- To create and manage your account or other user profiles.
- To personalize your experience, website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the Service.
- To process orders or other transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To market, improve, and develop the Service, including testing, research, analysis, and product development (including creation, enhancement, and distribution of Profiles).
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Service.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses or email you about your use of the Service. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Service. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Because our online material is available immediately following the completion of purchase and account confirmation, KMK does not offer refunds. All sales are considered final.
Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business purposes:
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or we control.
Service providers, including:
- Subscription management providers and payment processors
- Security and fraud prevention consultants
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers
- Analytics providers
- Customer relationship management and customer support providers
Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part)
Other parties at your direction.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Service)
- Social media services (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Service)
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Service
- Other parties authorized by you
- In some cases, we may disclose information about your use of the Service to your employer or other users within your organization. We may share data with, or make data available to, our partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with our and their marketing, promotional, and other offers. These third parties may use your data for their own advertising, analytics, planning, market research, or other business purposes.
Over the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Data to service providers or other parties for the business purposes listed above:
- A. Personal identifiers.
- B. Customer records identified by state law.
- C. Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law.
- D. Internet or other similar network activity information.
- E. Geolocation data.
- F. Professional or employment-related information.
Sales of Personal Data
At KMK Careers, we collect information from a variety of sources (including information contributed directly by you and/or our user community) in order to compile Profiles about entities and individuals. Please refer to the chart above titled “Categories of Personal Data We Collect” for a better understanding of the Personal Data we collect that constitutes Profile data.
In this section, we use the term ‘sell’ as it is defined in the CCPA. We sell your Profile data to our customers and data partners (such as resellers and syndication partners), subject to your right to opt-out of these sales (see the “Your Rights” section below for information about how to opt-out).
We may also share your information with advertisers in order to help provide our ads to you. The CCPA considers this a “sale” and, because of this, we are required to disclose these types of transfers as “sales” of personal information. However, we do not sell this information for monetary consideration. This type of sharing is also subject to your right to opt out of these sales (see the “Your Rights” section below for information about how to opt-out).
Over the past twelve months, we have sold the following categories of your Personal Data to third parties:
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data that we hold in our records, no security system is impenetrable, and unanticipated system failures or the efforts of malicious actors are an unfortunate reality on the Internet. Therefore, KMK Careers cannot guarantee that Personal Data during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the Service. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Personal Data of Children
As noted in the Terms & Conditions, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children under 16. If you are a child under 16, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Service or send us any Personal Data. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Resident Rights
You have the right to request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data by emailing email@example.com.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Service or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request. We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request. You may submit a Valid Request by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. To do so, click the following link: Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Data sales at any time by creating a new public profile for yourself.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may have different tiers of services as allowed by applicable data protection laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates, or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account, or click the following link:
Terms and Conditions
User Agreement Contract
When you (“User”) register for a KMK course and/or use this website at demo-app.optometryboardsreview.com (“Website”) you acknowledge your acceptance that the terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) herein govern your transaction(s) with KMK Educational Services (KMK) and your use of the Website and application.
Use of Website
This site is provided by KMK on an “as is” basis and KMK makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including warranties as to accuracy or timeliness of information on this Website, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of any goods or services, or non-infringement of Website content. KMK is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections or delayed computer transmissions. KMK cannot be responsible for errors or omissions in Website content, and disclaims all liability for damages associated by reliance on Website content by Users. KMK will not be liable for any damages or injury that result from the use of this website or the materials on this site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, and punitive/exemplary damages.
Our website may contain links to sites not maintained or operated by KMK. KMK makes no representations or warranties about any other website. KMK has no control over the content of any outside websites, even if accessed through this website. In addition, a link to an outside website does not mean that KMK endorses the content, or the use, of such website.
Personal & Performance Data Protection.
Selling or Sharing Memberships
Selling, transferring, or sharing online memberships is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of KMK. Direct violations, suspicious or any fraudulent activity can result in account suspension or account access termination. If in the event of account termination or suspension, no refunds will be applied for any course or purchased materials and live access to the KMK lectures will be denied.
Copyright & Re-Distribution
All textbooks and media are protected by US copyright law. Any re-distribution or re-creation of any KMK materials, including but not limited to current or discontinued textbooks and all media is prohibited without the written consent of KMK. By completing a course registration, you agree to not copy or re-distribute the material in any fashion. Violations will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law along with account termination.
Because our online material is available immediately following the completion of purchase and account confirmation, KMK does not offer refunds. All sales are considered final.
This site is created and controlled by KMK in the State of Nebraska, USA. As such, the laws of the State of Nebraska will govern these disclaimers, Terms & Conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Rights of Access
KMK reserves the right to suspend or terminate any or all access to any user, for any reason, including not adhering to the Terms & Conditions herein. Use of this website by non-humans, such as data-mining programs, “bots” or similar means of automatically extracting data from this website is prohibited. Use of such means to access and obtain data from this website constitutes unauthorized access.
Commercial Use of Website Materials
Photographs, logos, video, and text on the website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Users of the website are not permitted to use any materials protected by copyright or trademark in violation thereof, and the appearance of any such material on the website does not constitute a license to any User to use such material for any purposes other than use of the website. Pursuant to copyright law this also includes any material from any external learning resources provided and managed by KMK. This includes, but is not limited to, external social media channels, application, and more. All of the above apply without express written consent from KMK.
KMK's mission is to organize and simplify core concepts within optometry to empower and engage students and doctors for lifelong learning. We do not support shortcuts, or any conduct detrimental to truly learning the concepts thoroughly to become excellent clinicians. We respect the NBEO® mission and are fully compliant with the NBEO® ethics policy. KMK will not support any activity that impacts the validity and integrity of NBEO® exam items. KMK relies on published content within the NBEO® matrix to determine what concepts to research and teach within our textbook, live courses, and online study materials.
Student Success Statement
No questions asked, no hassle guarantee. No matter the outcome, you will have access to our materials until you pass the exam. Simply email us a copy of your score report and we will take care of the rest. You can always count on our support: KMK exists to help every student achieve their dream of becoming an OD.
Legal Copyright Notice
The following is copyrighted material. It is unlawful to distribute without express written consent from the copyright holder. Copyright by KMK Educational Services, LLC.
Rights To Revisions
Please note that these Terms & Conditions will change from time to time, and we may post revised Terms & Conditions on the website, which will become effective as of the effective date listed thereon. Your continued use of the website and of KMK’s services constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, and of the Terms & Conditions in effect at the time of any such use. Each User is responsible for reviewing the Terms & Conditions herein periodically for updates.